Limassol, Cyprus

European Hydrofoiling Forum for non german speaking people.
Antworten
Ivars
Hydrofoiling seit: 0- 0-2003
hydrofoil setup: SS Pro board, Shocktower, Lex foil
Zugboot: Supra TS6M
Heim-Spot: Latvia
Land: Oesterreich
Limassol, Cyprus

Beitrag von Ivars » Di 18. Mai 2010, 11:01

Hi guys! This summer you can get some foiling also at the Crest Watersports, Limassol, Cyprus.
A nice MasterCraft X2 boat. Also - kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, water ski, wakeboard, wakeskate, wakesurfing, kayaks, jet ski, pedal boats, parascending, skim board, diving, fishing...

The iceland of Cyprus enjoys more than 320 days of sunshine a year! Water in summer 26 - 28 C and 16 C at winter.
To stay: St. Raphael Hotel & Resort, Elias Beach hotel, GrandResort hotel, also appartments and houses for rent.
Tel. +357 25 635 101, Mob. +357 99 302 077, info@crestwatersports.com. http://www.crestwatersports.com
Welcome to the Mediterranian Sea, have fun with us!
CrestCyprus1.jpg
CrestCyprus1.jpg (37.61 KiB) 7354 mal betrachtet

Bijlaard
Top Poster
Top Poster
Land: Deutschland

Re: Limassol, Cyprus

Beitrag von Bijlaard » Di 18. Mai 2010, 17:07

Sounds good :-)

money and time are the big killers for us, we cannot go
grtz Obbe and Ina ( still waiting for the lotto)
schade von maus, da drauf zu klicken :-)

Ivars

Beitrag von Ivars » Do 20. Mai 2010, 05:27

Bijlaard hat geschrieben:Sounds good :-)

money and time are the big killers for us, we cannot go
grtz Obbe and Ina ( still waiting for the lotto)
After last winter I got really depressed, people in Latvia didn't show any interest about water sports.
Cyprus school found me, my kids agreed to run the sports centre here at Riga this summer - I had put in too much work simply to close it now. So why not to give it a try, spend a few months in perfect conditions and to do the job I like?
They say there are no hydrofoils at Cyprus, so I will bring one of mine and will be able to teach not only ski and wakebaord. If I don't run away earlier, by October it could be more clear about the future plans.

Ivars

Beitrag von Ivars » Sa 17. Jul 2010, 15:48

Updated info after 6 weeks spent at Cyprus. It's better not to come here if the goal is doing any watersports. First - salt and dust everywhere, second - the sea is so rough there's no fun to ride even a foil not to mention skis or board, sometimes early in the morning it's a bit better but even without the wind there's a swell that gets on nerves when you cut out for a trick and find your foil at completely other height what you were expected. Winds most of the daytime but going for windsurfing or sailing is under a big doubt if it's worth it, too weak for that reason. Kitboarding - first, forbidden in most territories near the hotels, second, wind changes often both in speed and direction.
If to come for the Sun - yes, I haven't seen a single day without it, + 26 + 36 C is a usual thing. Actually it's very hot... :sweat:

Ivars

Beitrag von Ivars » Fr 1. Okt 2010, 20:07

Please, close this topic. I finished my work at Limassol, Sky Ski is already in the case to take it back to Riga.

Antworten